Monday, July 15, 2013

Paleo. (insert grumbling cave man noises here)

Since I've been having a particularly hard week it seemed like a great time for a good distraction and to be thrown into something new and exciting.

For me, that new thing is Paleo. A healthy whole-foods based lifestyle. I've been thinking about and considering it for a while and you know what they say. Why put off for tomorrow what could get done today. I'm so drawn to this because it's not just about the food. Paleo promotes health and well-being.

To put it most basically, there is no packaged food or refined sugars and it is totally gluten-free. Caffeine and alcohol or limited (or cut entirely), dairy should only be full fat and unpasteurized. As much as possible meat comes from animals that are pasture raised, grass fed and as natural as possible. Fruit and veggies should be local, organic and seasonal when that's possible. Though this would seem very restricting to some, I feel like it's in all the right ways.
Paleo is the "caveman" diet. Eating what we are meant to so the body can feel and work the way it should.

I think it's going to be a hard 30 day transition into it but will be well worth it if I can stick with it and really reap the benefits of living this way.
I am particularly excited to kick sugar. Mostly because I love it. A little to much..

So, here's the real question. Where the hell do I buy unpasteurized dairy???? Maybe I should just buy a cow.. or a full on farm.... I don't think it gets more fresh and local than that!
But let's be realistic. I'm far more likely to make animals into pets than food.... The best way to eat a steak is pretending it always looked like that, it never had a face or wore a bell. Poor Bessie.

You can definitely prepare to hear more about this as it starts and throughout the transition.
Be excited!

I personally find that with things like this it's best to know as much as possible. There is no point throwing yourself into something with best intentions and finding out it can't be sustained or won't work for you.
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l