Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fall time fun

Fall is my favourite season and I know I'm not alone in that. The beautiful colours, crisp air and the crunching sound beneath my feet is so stimulating. It makes me want to get outside, go for walks and do some exploring. So that's what I have been doing. 

On a really lovely warm afternoon last week R and I went for a walk in the river valley. Everything was so perfect and picturesque. We strolled through parks, over bridges and on both sides of the river. If every day was like that, I'd be a very happy girl. 



On an entirely different walk in a different River valley we did some more walking. We took more pictures and found some really lovely areas. 


On yet another day I took R to Prairie Gardens and Adventure Farm. It's not far from Edmonton and makes a really awesome Fall outing. 
We didn't go into the actual farm part though, just to the pumpkin patch. We took our time picking out the pumpkins we wanted based on size and shape and colour. I really like white pumpkins and had every intention of getting one until this big beautiful Cinderella pumpkin caught my eye. 


Next to the pumpkin patch is an area where you can build your own scarecrow. I didn't plan this part but I can honestly say it was so much fun! 
We named our little beauty Matilda and if she isn't the loveliest scarecrow you've ever seen then you're lying to yourself. 💋


So much sass in one lady!

R picked out his green pumpkin and we made a joint decision about the little orange one. 
They're both perfectly round and charming. 



When it came down to carving the pumpkins neither of us knew what we wanted. It took a bit of Internet research to help us make the decision. 



This is R's very smiley cyclops with sharp teeth. 


My lovely little Volkswagen camper van and my very bizarre looking frog monster.. thing...


I actually had a specific idea of what I wanted, it just didn't go quite that way. That's half the fun though, isn't it?!

And just as importantly we got a ridiculous amount of seeds from our pumpkins and they roasted up really well!



Using other pumpkins I also made more pie this year! 3 pies and 48 tarts to be specific!!! I used the same recipe as last year but they were even better this time!

Enjoy Fall while you can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

l l l l l